Statement of Principles for the Recognition of Volunteer Rights
The principles enable organisations to signify to their volunteer workers that they will be treated with fairness, respect and dignity.
The statement outlines seven principles of best practice in volunteer management.
Statement of Principles for the Recognition of Volunteers
- This organisation demonstrates a commitment to best practice in volunteer management and all our people respect and support this commitment.
- Our volunteers are involved in the life of the organisation and are included in decisions that affect them.
- This organisation provides volunteers with clarity about their roles and is clear about expectations and policies that impact on their roles.
- Our volunteers respect the roles of everyone in the organisation.
- This organisation recognises and celebrates the contribution of volunteers.
- Our volunteers are provided with training and professional development for their roles.
- This organisation provides all our people with the opportunity to resolve disputes with respect and dignity.
Organisations that endorse the principles and adopt them will be sending a clear signal to current and potential volunteers that their contributions are valued.
Volunteer-friendly organisations are able to Adopt the Principles and demonstrate their commitment to their volunteers.